Saturday, March 12, 2011

How bad is bad?

After the devastation in Japan, and my own little devastation with my 10yr old in the kitchen this morning, I wonder how bad must it really get until, A, shit hits the fan, or B, shits turns into roses.
Last night to prove my ever doubting boyfriend wrong, I looked up the exact location of our nearest nuclear reactor. We have one in beautiful San Onofre, another in Devils canyon, and about 36 more smaller testing sites....
I wonder, globally and in my personal life, how long do we live with these possible life altering toxicities.
The Federal government has pledged 38 billion dollars to the advancement and repair of nuclear power within the US.. Regardless, we as California's sit on a most tremendous fault line, and no ones seems to blink an eye..
Science , like nature is a force that i am very grateful for. But undoubtedly, one will burn out the other, and we will sit in the crossfire....

No comments:

Post a Comment